www.You SUCK at Being An AMERICAN.com
If you want, you can
Listen to my plea to
Cut Out the Mainstream Media
for One Hour a Day
The Mainstream Media...
- 2 TV sit-coms (e.g., "Seinfeld" and "Everybody Loves Raymond")
- one hour-long TV drama (e.g., CSI Miami)
- one game show and one soap opera (e.g., "Wheel of Fortune" and "Days of Our Lives")
- "American Idol," "Dancing with the Stars," etc.
- the morning paper and the Evening News (e.g., "Los Angeles Times" and "CBS Evening News With Katie Couric")
- radio, at home or in the car (e.g., Howard Stern, NPR, Rush Limbaugh, or Golden Oldies)
- one CD or an hour's worth of i-tunes.
- one DVD rental
- an hour of video games (online or offline)
- Sean Hannity
- O'Reilly Factor
- Romance novels
- Harry Potter
- Tom Clancy
- Anything on TV
- If you're one of the last 15 people in America who reads a newspaper, fuggitaboutit. If you clip coupons, fine. If you think you're becoming an extraordinary person by reading it, think again. Add it to the list of things to cut. (Same with "news aggregators." Reading "Drudge Report" will not make you an extraordinary American.)
- any combination of any form of mainstream media
...Doesn't Do You Any Good
- 25 years as #1 talk radio
- has made hundreds of millions of dollars
- has America improved?
- Have YOU improved? After 3 hours a day, for 25 years?
- The time you spent listening to Rush would have been better spent listening to the Samuel Adams Coaching Program.
A Special Message for "Dittoheads"
Listeners of Rush Limbaugh
Should Click Here for Audio Message
WHY it Doesn't Do You Any Good
Substitute one hour of the Samuel Adams Coaching Program
In place of these distractions, you will substitute in its place 35-45 minutes of our daily reading program, 5 or 6 minutes answering no-trick questions, and a few minutes of prayerful thought.
- Read five of the most important works in the history of Western Civilization over the course of 365 days. (You'll find out what they are in a moment.)
- 20 minutes in the morning, 20 in the evening.
- 15 minutes for breakfast, 15 minutes at lunch, 15 minutes after dinner.
- Any way you choose.
- Follow our program to develop virtue and character.
- Begin to mentor another person
- Got questions? We've got answers. Over 2,000 webpages, each with links to trusted resources. Live webinars. Email. We live to answer your questions.
The first book, obviously, is the Bible. It takes about 11 minutes a day to read the Bible from cover to cover. We will send you daily assignments from the other books, about 6 minutes a day from each. We'll also work on applying these principles in your daily life. Less than one hour a day total.